Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things are going great over here. I started teaching classes. I teach three times a week for an hour and twenty minutes. I teach form three math, about 11th grade. It is fun, i enjoy it. I have a lot of time to prepare and get things done, so it is no big deal. Malaria is over with, I feel great. I am going to Katavi National Park this weekend with a German guy named Christian. I can't wait. I am still trying to learn the language, but I know enough to get around. The food here is good. In the morning we have bread with peanut butter or butter and tea or piping hot milk. It is good. then at about 10:40 we have tea and Mkazi, which is like minidonuts. Then at 2:30 we eat lunch. Ugali, rice, meat and beans, plus a vegtable. Ugali is corn flour that has been boiled in water. It looks like mashed potatoes, but has no taste. At 7 at night we have dinner which is the same as lunch.
PS Go Twins.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan, I am glad you are feeling better. Hopefully the medicine you got from me will work a little better in the future. Have a great time while you are in Africa. You will come back with a whole new perspective on life.
    Love,
    Georga

    ReplyDelete